http://education.helixated.comAn Open Source Education Project
GCE 'A' LEVEL GENERAL PAPER NOVEMBER 2005PAPER 1
question from this Paper. Answers should be between 500 and 800 words in length
1.Is effective farming possible without science?2.‘There is no such thing as luck. People determine their own lives.’ Do youagree?
To what extent should the State involve itself in the world of business?4.Do the arts, such as music and literature, really play a significant part in theSingaporean society?5.‘Medial science has been so successful that people now expect too much of it.’ Do you agree?6.‘Hosting major sporting events creates more problems than benefits.’ Do youagree?7.Examine the claim that the world is too dependent on oil.8.‘The tourist does not see the country the inhabitants know.’ How far is this trueof Singapore?
‘Instead of speeding up the pace of life, we should be slowing it down.’ Whatdo you think?10. Consider the view that the study of mathematics is intellectually satisfying,but of little practical use.11.‘Too much attention is given to criminals; not enough to their victims.’ Is thistrue?12.How far do magazines or television programmes aimed at young people inSingapore have a positive effect?
2017 A-Level General Paper (GP) Exam Questions
Posted on Nov 6, 2017
Here are the General Paper (GP) Essay Questions for the Nov 2017 GCE A-Levels exams. Some expected questions and some interesting ones! =)
- ‘The past is not dead. It is not even past.’ Discuss.
- Can the use of animals for scientific research ever be justified?
- In your society, to what extent is it acceptable for public money to be used for the acquisition of works of art?
- ‘Rehabilitation, not punishment, should be the purpose of the justice system.’ Discuss.
- Is regulation of the press desirable?
- Do events, rather than politicians, shape the future?
- How far is science fiction becoming fact?
- Examine the role of music in establishing a national identity in your society.
- To what extent are people judged more by their physical appearances than by their abilities?
- ‘Practical ability is just as important as intellectual skills.’ How far is this true in your society?
- Assess the view that attempts to control climate change can never be truly effective.
- ‘The quality of written language is being destroyed by social media.’ What is your view?